Lead-Time 5-7 Working Days.
The Rescue Boat Sea Scoopa is a vital piece of rescue equipment for all rescue boats. The device scoops and lifts a man overboard onto rescue vessels.
Portable, with its own carry bag, the Sea Scoopa is equally effective when used on rigid inflatable boats or powerboats with a higher free board. Simple to use, the Sea Scoopa only needs two people to perform an entire man overboard rescue.
When rescuing a man overboard, rescue organisations can experience problems with their duty of care to the victim and their OH&S obligations to the rescuers. Sea Scoopa addresses these issues.
Unlike most other man overboard (MOB) rescue devices, the Sea Scoopa provides a mechanical advantage during the rescue process thus improving lifting techniques and reducing the incidence of back injuries.
Sea Scoopa is designed for the horizontal retrieval of a man overboard. This is important to avoid the circulatory collapse that can occur if victims are lifted out of the water vertically.
The Rescue Boat Sea Scoopa provides advantages over cradle, lifting net or rescue frame styled MOB rescue devices.
Benefits for the Man Overboard
- The MOB is lifted out of the water in a horizontal position and transferred directly to an intergal stretcher in one continuous and efficient action which facilitates further handling
- There are no non-cushioned, rigid components that can inflict injury
- The net encloses and conforms to the whole body and minimises the risk of the victim falling out during lifting
Benefits for the Rescuer
- Scoops the MOB into the net while the boat is moving and has steerage
- The unique patented scoop-shape of the rescue net prevents the victim being swept out of the aft end allowing for a faster rescue
- 2:1 mechanical advantage of the parbuckle reduces the risk of back injury
- Sea Scoopa only requires two crew for the whole rescue operaton
- There is no need for the rescuer to enter the water during the retrieval
- The Sea Scoopa attaches simply to the majority of commonly used rescue vessels
Rescue Boat Sea Scoopa has been NATA tested to a Royal Australian Navy standard and is certified to lift a load of 300 kg. It is in use by a number of organisations including the Australian Navy and Australian Customs
Product Reference: VRES SEASCOOP 3.3
Shipping & Delivery
For items in stock at the time of order, dispatch will be made within two working days of receipt of an order. Complete Medical Kits will take an extra day or two to supply.
For items not in stock at the time of order we will provide an expected dispatch date from our premises as soon as this information is available.
Please ensure that you supply us with your full and correct shipping address. A physical street address is required and PO Box or Private Bag numbers are not acceptable. If you have any special delivery instructions please advise when placing your order. We cannot accept responsibility for orders that go missing if the address details you have provided to us are incorrect. If you supply us with a false address we will not ship the products. If you fail to supply a valid address after 7 days we will cancel your order.
Orders received on a day which is not an ordinary working day (i.e. a Saturday, Sunday or pubic holiday) will be processed on the following working day.
All orders are given a tracking number so that we can identify where the products are if there is a delay in receipt of goods.
We cannot guarantee a delivery time but we will do everything we can to get your products to you in a timely fashion. Delivery may take up to 5 working days, depending on your location. Items may take longer to get to you during busy periods and public holidays
If you do not receive your purchase within 5 working days please contact Customer Services on firstname.lastname@example.org .