Ship Captain’s Medical Guide is intended primarily for use on ships where no doctor is available and it is necessary to assess and treat injuries and to diagnose and treat ill health. It contains:
- Flow charts to aid evaluation and treatment
- Incorporation of ‘red flags’ to aid identification of potentially life-threatening conditions
- Clear, authoritative advice and easy-to-follow guidance
- Step-by-step illustrations to explain emergency procedures
- Cross references to further detail
- Anatomical illustrations
It is the owner's and captain's responsibility of the sailing vessels to carry medical stores to a standard defined in law, and to provide seamen with a certain standard of accommodation and working conditions. In addition, every ship is required to carry a medical book, containing instructions for dispensing the medical stores.
For both Maritime New Zealand Commercial Boats and Superyachts alike.
If not in stock, can take 2 weeks to supply.